Costco’s customer satisfaction guarantee and returns policy
- On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
- On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following general exceptions - please see Costco.co.uk or the membership counter for details on current exceptions:
- Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date member received merchandise) for the following products and other similar products: consumer electronics, major appliances, computers and tablets, projectors, monitors, cameras, smart watches and fitness trackers, gaming consoles, mobile phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and MP3 players (the 90 day return policy limit does not include kitchen counter-top small appliances). In addition Costco also extends the Manufacturer’s warranty to 5 years on Televisions and 2 years on Computers (Including Tablets), Monitors, Projectors, Major Appliances/White Goods, Cameras (excluding Action & Aerial Cameras) and Camcorders from the date of purchase. All other products are subject to the remaining manufacturer's warranty.
Before returning any electrical goods which can store information, such as computers, hard drives, phones, cameras, tablets or other ‘smart’ devices, you must permanently delete your information from the item, including disconnecting your account and removing your account details, and deleting any contacts, photos and usage history. Where possible, we recommend you restore the item to its factory settings. Costco will not be responsible for any information left on the device, in circumstances where you could have removed the information but did not.
- Jewellery: Refunds will be processed within 7-10 days after we receive the returned goods and following inspection by a Costco Gemologist for authenticity, condition and to ensure that the item is not damaged or changed in any way (i.e. resized or reset). Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also return all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) when requesting a refund.
- Precious Metals: Costco’s customer satisfaction guarantee and returns policy does not apply to precious metals. However your legal rights are unaffected.If you are a consumer, these rights may include a right to return the gold bullion for a refund, or to obtain a replacement or a price deduction, if the precious metal is not of satisfactory quality and as described, or if it does not match any sample provided. Your specific rights will depend on the time since you bought the gold bullion and the specific nature of the problem.
If you are a trader, you may have a claim for damages in these circumstances.
- Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
- Refunds for products with a limited useful life expectancy, sold with a product-specific limited warranty will be prorated.
- Special Order Merchandise, Custom Merchandise and Installed Merchandise: Costco’s customer satisfaction guarantee and returns policy does not apply to special order merchandise, custom merchandise and installed merchandise. However your legal rights are unaffected. If you are a consumer, these rights may include a right to return the merchandise for a refund, or to obtain a replacement or a price deduction, if the merchandise is not of satisfactory quality and as described, or if it does not match any sample provided. Your specific rights will depend on the time since you bought the merchandise and the specific nature of the problem. If you are a trader, you may have a claim for damages in these circumstances.
The Costco Guarantee does not affect any additional statutory rights you may have.
- How to Return: For an immediate warehouse purchased refund, simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses.
- The Costco guarantee is intended to ensure you are satisfied with every product you purchase from us. However, Costco does not operate a ‘sale or return’ policy for traders, and so the Costco guarantee should not be used by traders wanting to return excess stock they have been unable to sell. We reserve the right to refuse a refund where we believe that the Costco guarantee is being misused in this manner. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Costco Guarantee applies only to members who are current at the time of the refund, but your statutory rights are not excluded.